Meeting ID: 4569610770
Video: https://redhat.bluejeans.com/4569610770/

Attendees

• Jen Kelchner
  • Ron McFarland
  • Bryan Behrenshausen
  • Jimmy Sjölund

Housekeeping

• Jen transitioning to emeritus community member; will work with anyone who’d like to maintain multimedia resources and run point on OpenOrgTV (please reach out if you’re interested)

Project Updates

Governance analysis update from Jen

• Jen will publish a general summary of data collected in January for the team so criteria can be set for the next round of governance
  • Six people attended the session and four people followed up by contributing written data for analysis and consideration
  • Common themes: wanting a peer group; wanting to have a platform as a “go-to” expert; wanting to network and access new speaking engagements
  • Recommend first focus be developing criteria that define “active” and “inactive” ambassadors, as these haven’t grown in a way that tracks with the new forms of contribution community members are able to make
  • Jen will compose a “final readout” and post it to our governance forum
  • Gathered data sheet I’ve opened the document where I have split out the async comments that can be used to help determine direction and criteria.

Audience analysis update from Ron

• Review of workshop on defining/describing “who we serve” as a community
  • Results include seven sentences from community members
  • Ron has been massaging those together into something that represents a composite picture of our target customer; 18 key words and phrases emerged as principal foci
  • “OpenOrg Mentor Wanted” (one way to describe who we serve)
  • Ultimate goal is to have something we can publish, either on wiki or website
  • {Discussion of composite sentence}
  • Ron has shared his materials; Ron and Bryan will open a discussion about this on Discourse so we can begin refining the final statement

Website analysis update from Laura

• Bryan and Laura reviewed feedback from the productive community strategy session
  • A new website is in the works; all are invited to help construct it

Open leadership assessment update from Heidi

• Heidi leading an assessment initiative based on Open Leadership Definition
  • We’ve begun meeting and it’s going very well

Ambassador Updates

Jen Kelchner

• I’ll be transitioning out of Ambassador & Maintainer roles this month. You can learn more about my why here. Stay connected with me on Twitter and LinkedIn.
  • I’ll be speaking at Red Hat Open Leadership CoP February 24th.
  • I’ll be adapting the Red Hat Government Leaders Guide to Culture Change for LATAM in the next month (I ghost wrote the NA and EMEA versions)

Ron McFarland

• Working on a content plan for the year
  • Wants to develop ideas for articles and videos, timeline/cadence for coming months