Meeting conducted at 08:30 Eastern / 13:30 UTC / 14:30 CET
Meeting link: https://meet.google.com/opv-beam-cam
- Allison Matlack
- Jimmy Sjolund
- Shabnoor Shah
- Ben Owens
- Ron McFarland
- Bryan Behrenshausen
(none this month)
Status of Opensource.com still uncertain
- We discuss several rumors and the recently posted updated
- Shabnoor and Jimmy had some meetings with internal Red Hat stakeholders
- No intent to reverse decision to pull support for community sites
Ron is continuing to write, though we have no publication outlet at the moment; needs editorial assistance
- Mostly focused on writing about startups at the moment
- Emphasis is on startups in the developing world
We discuss the benefits and drawbacks of various funding models, for-profit and non-profit community sponsorships, self-funding and self-governing etc.
Teachers are off school for summer and entering professional development season, so work is picking up. All going well.
Continuing to work with Open Leadeship community of practice at Red Hat, working to maintain its forward momentum. Remit of Shabnoor’s work continues to be “open leadership,” writ large, inside the company and beyond; outside work, working with autism-focused NGO.
Working on internal guidance about remote-first communication norms; looking to open source via GitHub (yay!).
Next Ambassador meeting will be on the 13th of July at 08:30 EST / 14:30 CEST / 21:30 JST.