Meeting conducted at 09:00 Eastern / 14:00 UTC / 15:00 CET
U.S. Dial-in number: 408.915.6466
Meeting ID: 4569610770
New logo and brand system
- Representatives from the Open Studio seek the group’s feedback on new logo and brand/visual system designs
- Libby Levi walks us through two logo and brand directions
- Group provides feedback using the “stoplight technique” (cf. @laura)
- Feedback collected in a collaborative document—thanks, @jonasrosland!
Community infrastructure update from @Bryan
- Update on our new websites and URLs:
openorganization.communityare shaping up to be our “two primary points of contact”; @Bryan is working on transfering them to community control
- Update on our slightly-more-public Discourse: We now have a few fora that are “world-readable” (anyone can see our meeting notes, announcements, and monthly reports); we’re thinking of experimeting with different levels of access to Discourse (see @bcotton suggestion)
- Update on our new Twitter handle: the transfer for
- Update on our new GitHub: We’re now live at
Project mission and vision renovation
- We’ve made some updates to project and community governance aimed at making the project more inclusive and actually codifying policies and procedures. Our governance structures will always be evolving, and the conversation will always continue—but let’s discuss where we are now.
- Short version: @Bryan does not want to be Zuul
A discourse on Discourse
- In a GitHub thread on governance, @bcotton suggests eliminating our mailing list and centralizing all community and project communications on Discourse. Let’s discuss this.
Working on working groups
- @jenkelchner suggests the prospect of intermittent “working group” meetings, out of sync with our monthly gatherings.
- We have plenty of opportunities for getting involved!
- @HeidiHVL’s ongoing series exploring “managing with open values”: This will kick off May 17 at Opensource.com! Look for the first installment (@Bryan will circulate)
- @Bryan’s and @laura’s thing about remote work/distributed teams: Shaping up extremely well and feedback has been very positive.
- @ronmcfarl : Has new project ideas regarding Open Organization case studies and storytelling. Will bring them up once the platform is set up.