The August 2020 Open Organization Community Report

Editor’s Notes

The Open Organization community was busy in August. We published five new articles, launched the first iteration of our new project website, continued working on our next collaboratively written book, and gathered for office hours. Read on to learn more about all that’s underway—and to see how you can get involved!

Community Publications

The Open Organization community published the following materials:

Monthly Highlights

Looking Ahead

• The next meeting of the Open Organization Ambassadors will occur Thursday, September 10 at 09:00 Eastern / 14:00 UTC / 15:00 CET. The meeting agenda is online and available for attendee input and modifications.
  • Several Open Organization Ambassadors are discussing the benefits of participating on LinkedIn, and are strategizing potential community engagements there. Anyone with interest in or experience on this platform is welcome to join the conversation.
  • Both on Discourse and during August office hours, community members have been discussing the potential consolidation of community communication channels—specifically, retiring the email list and migrating activities to Discourse. This discussion will culminate with a decision at the September community meeting. Please attend and participate!

Ambassador Notes

• Ben Owens writes: “I’m deep in helping a number of schools in their transition to whatever the new normal will look like in the fall. In August I published (on Edutopia) an article on making STEM more engaging and inclusive.”
  • Ron McFarland writes: “I’m working on articles about a couple topics. One is to look at innovation through history and try to see where open organizations principles have applied. The second topic is to take a look at the future of work and jobs and how open organization principle could play a role.”

Links

Filed August 31, 2020 by Bryan Behrenshausen