The March 2020 Open Organization Ambassadors Report

Editor’s Notes

Greetings and salutations, dear readers!

March was an historic month for the Open Organization community. We welcomed a new community sponsor, delivered a dynamite webcast, published new materials, and launched important discussions about the next phase in our community’s evolution.

Read the rest of the report to learn more.

Community Publications

The Open Organization community published the following new materials:

Monthly Highlights

• The Open Organization community has a new sponsor at Red Hat: the Open Source Program Office! This community transition became official at the March Open Organization Ambassadors’ meeting. To learn more about the positive impact this move will have on the Open Organization community, see the FAQ.

• The Open Organization community was recently featured on “Community Central,” an upstream-focused webcast from Red Hat’s Open Source Program Office. Ambassadors Laura Hilliger, Rebecca Fernandez, and Allison Matlack presented the community’s mission, vision, and history to an audience of roughly 350 viewers. Bryan flipped the slides. A video recording is available.

Looking Ahead

• The next meeting of the Open Organization Ambassadors will occur April 09 at 09:00 Eastern / 14:00 UTC / 15:00 CET. A meeting agenda is taking shape now. All Open Organization Ambasadors and Ambassadors Emeriti enjoy a standing invitation to attend. Interested in learning more about the group? Now’s a great time to get to know us. Drop Bryan a line to inquire about joining the meeting.

• Heidi Hess von Ludewig is seeking community feedback on two important issues: the Open Organization Ambassador community charter, and the next big project the community might undertake. Be sure to check out the conversation and chime in.

• Bryan recently initiated a discussion about a new community website. Want to help shape the Open Organization community’s new showcase on the web? Get involved!

Ambassador Notes

• Ron McFarland writes: “I’m working on new content related to The Phoenix Project and The Unicorn Project and how they illustrate open organization principles. I have lots of notes, which I would like to discuss at the next community meeting.”

• Heidi Hess von Ludewig writes: “I’m continuing work on my interview series, ‘Managing with Open Values.’ Bryan and I conducted two recorded interviews so far, with a written interview in the works (with Ambassador Emeritus Angela Robertson!) and a third recorded getting scheduled. And we have two more scheduled after that! I’m currently writing the first article, based on our first interview from interview one. The second interview could be up to three articles in the series!”

Links

—Filed April 01, 2020 by Bryan Behrenshausen