In November, the Open Organization community released the next installment of the “Managing with Open Values” interview series, began crafting a cover for The Open Organization Guide to Distributed Teamwork, and named its newest ambassador. Read on to learn more!
The Open Organization community published the following materials:
- Heidi Hess von Ludewig (@HeidiHVL) : In it together: When your manager is your greatest advocate
Following a community vote, contributor Jos Groen has become an Open Organization Ambassador. A manager at Axians, @JosGroen has written about open management and leadership during an organization’s transition from conventional processes and practices to open ones. He has written for Opensource.com and The Open Organization Leaders Manual, and will soon be the subject of the community’s Managing with Open Values interview series. Congratulations, Jos!
- The next Open Organization Ambassadors meeting will occur on December 10 at 09:00 Eastern / 14:00 UTC / 15:00 CET. We will discuss our accomplishments in 2020, our plans for a 2021 strategy session, and anything else attendees would like. An in-process meeting agenda is available for input.
- Open Organization Ambassadors are currently planning a 2021 community strategy workshop, to take place in January. We’ll finalize a workshop date at the December meeting. Interested in attending? Register your date preferences!
- Ron Mcfarland (@ronmcfarl) writes: “Last month I mentioned started reading The Age of Sustainable Development by Jeffrey Sachs. It could be the subject of a follow-up to to my articles on globalization. Actually, it might also lead to a follow-up article on my article ‘Climate challenges call for open solutions,’ published October 10, 2019. I should have a basic draft of this article finished in January, 2021.”
- Open Organization project
- Open Organization community
- Open Organization repositories
- Open Organization publications
—Filed November 30 by Bryan Behrenshausen (@Bryan)