The October 2020 Open Organization Community Report

Editor’s Notes

October was a busy month for the Open Organization project and community. We published four new articles and released an important update in our book series. Community representatives also spoke about the project at the All Things Open conference. Read on to learn more about our activities and initiatives.

Community Publications

The Open Organization community published the following materials:

Monthly Highlights

• Open Organization Ambassador @Jimmy presented “Building Open Organizations” at the All Things Open conference on October 20. @Bryan backed him up and added some color commentary. We suspect a recording will be available in the future.
  • A new version of The Open Organization Leaders Manual, Second Edition has been released. The updated book includes a new chapter from contributor @JosGroen, several important corrections, and a number of formatting improvements. Copies are available in electronic and paperback form.

Looking Ahead

Ambassador Notes

• @ronmcfarl writes: “I just had posted the first of three articles on innovation and how Open Organization Principles have played a role. We are working on the next two now. I have also read Professor Lynda Gratton’s book, The Shift: The Future of Work is Already Here and written a two-part article on it and the importance of open organization principles regarding work in the future. Right now, I’m starting to read The Age of Sustainable Development by Jeffrey Sachs. This could be a follow-up article to my articles on globalization.”
  • @Laura writes: “The We Are Open Co-op has been doing loads of work with charities and public sector helping them use open practices and design methodologies to think about their futures. It’s been part digitalisation, part opening minds to new ways of working and everything about a sustainable, resilient future.”

Links

Filed October 30, 2020 by @Bryan