In September, the Open Organization community published four new articles, launched a new website, opened the doors of its new community forum, continued work on a collaborative book, and welcomed some new proofreading help. Read the full report for all the details.
The Open Organization community published the following materials:
- Sim Zacks: Want to make better decisions? Encourage disagreement
- Heidi Hess von Ludewig: Overcoming resistance to open management
- Sim Zacks: Getting credit: Taking your place in a meritocracy
- Ron McFarland: What would a global open organization look like?
- The new Open Organization community forum is now open. In September, Open Organization Ambassadors agreed to make the project’s Discourse platform its default communication channel, reserving the
openorg-listmailing list for occasional community announcements. Anyone is now welcome to create an account, read our terms, and engage with the community on Discourse.
- The Open Organization project’s new website is now out of beta and live at
theopenorganization.org. Community members have been working on the new site since the summer, and are pleased to finally debut the project’s new showcase on the web. Got feedback? Found a bug? Please file an issue!
- Contributor @trncb has graciously agreed to assist with proofreading community articles, books, and marketing collateral. We’re delighted to have his help!
- The next Open Organization Ambassadors meeting will occur on October 08, 2020, at 09:00 Eastern / 14:00 UTC / 15:00 CET. A meeting agenda is available for attendee input.
- The Open Organization Guide to Distributed Teamwork accepted another new chapter in September—this one from Open Organization Ambassador @bcotton. Three more chapters are currently under consideration for inclusion in the book’s 1.0 release by year’s end. Want to contribute? Check out the project repository and editorial board.
- @ronmcfarl writes: “@Bryan and I are working on my next series, which explores the relationship between open organizations and innovation. Also, I have drafts of an article on the future of work and how open organization principles will play a role in it.”
- Open Organization project
- Open Organization community
- Open Organization repositories
- Open Organization publications
—Filed Filed September 30, 2020 by @Bryan